Pages

Dec 30, 2013

What A Year !!


What an exciting year it has been!!!  Reflecting back on this year I am feeling fortunate for all the projects I was able to complete.  Many many learning experiences.  Many many challenges.  And many many achievements.  Mostly this past year has been fun Fun FUN!!

The most important thing I've learned this year is how to successfully deliver a cake. This is the one and only heart-pounding, palm sweating part of the cake experience.  Delivering cakes…in the car…in motion…over speed bumps… and in traffic going 80mph is a multiple cuss word, sailor swearing ride.  I must endure drivers giving me the finger and honking while swerving around me as I cruise along the highway at 15mph.  The cake isn't worth anything if it doesn't get there in one piece!  After many brow dripping deliveries and one cracked cake I have a found a few techniques that will minimize the ever increasing grey hairs.


First, stay calm and don't forget to breath.  Second, wear thick heavy sunglasses to avoid eye contact with those honking drivers that must be rushing to save loved ones from a fire. (I decided that that must be where they're going.  Lots of fires in this city. Yup.)  Finally, it is best to take your time and be late, if you happen to be running late, than rush and arrive with a broken crumbly cake.

I am so very grateful that all my cakes have arrived on time with only one casualty.

So, the next time someone is driving ridiculously slow and pulling into driveways like they momentarily mixed up the gas and break pedals remember that they just might be delivering a cake.  A fragile, crumbling piece of art that is the culinary center piece of a momentous life changing occasion never to be relived again that will be photographed and remembered for a lifetime!!!!

But relax.  It's only sugar :)

With laughter and love,
Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment